Who are we?
The helpline for women is coordinated by 3 organizations:
Moterų informacijos centras
Company code: 191919014
Address: S. Konarskio st. 49-808, LT-03123 Vilnius
Phone: +370 5 2629003
Asociacija „Kauno moterų linija“
Company code: 302530203
Address: Verkių st. 5-64, Kaunas
Phone: +370 618 05005
VŠĮ Klaipėdos socialinės ir psichologinės pagalbos centras
Company code: 142120224
Address: Smilčių st. 6, LT-92277 Klaipėda
Phone: +370 46 410971
What personal data do we collect, for what purposes do we collect it and for how long?
Information about the features of the site used
We collect anonymous information about our website traffic statistics and features used. Read more about this in the “Cookies” section.
Information from third parties
We may obtain information about you from other public sources and link it to other information we receive from you or about you. For example, we may receive information about you from social networking services when you join them.
You may choose not to provide us with certain information, but in that case we may not allow you to use our services because we will not be able to guarantee their quality.
All data we collect is necessary to ensure the proper provision of services. We do not collect redundant data.
To whom do we disclose your personal data?
In order to perform our services in a quality manner and in compliance with the law, we may transfer your personal data to third parties. We only transfer data to trusted third parties and only to the extent necessary to perform a particular service. Your data can be transferred to:
- Our partners providing information technology, electronic communications, advertising, auditing, legal and other services;
- State supervisory and law enforcement agencies;
- Google. We use Gmail email system, Google Analytics to collect information about our website traffic statistics. We also use Youtube services to display videos.
- Some social networks, e.g. Facebook. We use their services to share content of the site on social networks.
How do we protect your personal data?
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data, but the transmission of information online is not completely secure. And while we make every effort to ensure the security of your personal data, we cannot guarantee absolute security when transmitting data online. By transferring any data, you assume the risks associated with the transfer. When we receive your personal data, we will apply strict procedures and security measures to protect your data from unauthorized access.
As a personal data subject, you have the following rights:
- Upon request, be informed about the processing of your personal data and have access to the processed data.
- Request to correct or supplement incorrect or incomplete personal data.
- Request the deletion of your personal data if it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected or if we use it illegally.
- Ask to suspend the processing of your personal data if there are disputes or it is necessary to check the accuracy of the data, the lawfulness of the processing. Also, when you do not consent to the deletion of your unlawfully processed data, whether you need the data in order to make, enforce or defend legal claims.
- Request the submission, if technically possible, of your personal data processed by automated means in a commonly used electronic form.
- Submit a complaint to the State Data Protection Inspectorate.
We will make every effort to enforce these rights, but we reserve the right not to enforce your claims when it is necessary to ensure:
- the prevention, investigation, detection or prosecution of criminal offenses;
- protecting the rights and freedoms of you or others;
- national security, defense, economic or financial interests;
- performance of our other legal duties.
If you have a request or instruction regarding the processing of your personal data, please email us: email@example.com.
Links to Third Party Websites and Services
The pagalbosmoterimslinija.lt website may contain links to third party websites and services. We have no control or responsibility for the security or privacy of information collected by third parties. You must read the privacy statements that apply to the third-party websites and services you use.
What are cookies?
There are two main types of cookies:
- One-session cookies that are deleted when you finish browsing the site.
- Long-term cookies persist through multiple visits to the site.
You can find more information about cookies here: www.allaboutcookies.org.
What cookies do we use?
The following table provides information about the cookies used on the website pagalbosmoterimslinija.lt:
|_ga||2 years.||Collects anonymous statistical information about site visitors: how many visitors visited the site, where they came from, what pages they visited. We use this information to improve the site.|
|PHPSESSID||Session.||Used when an online chat is in progress and stores chat information such as: visitor name, information entered before the chat, last read messages, chat session ID, chat ID, chat user ID, chat window status.|
The legal basis for the processing of data created during the use of statistical cookies is the legitimate interest of the Company. We do not associate a visitor’s IP address and email address with data that identifies the visitor. This means that each visitor’s visit session will be recorded, but the website visitor will remain anonymous.
How can you manage and delete cookies??
Enabling cookies is not required for the website to work, but it will give you a better browsing experience. You can delete or block cookies, but then some features of this website may not work as intended.
If you want to restrict, block or delete cookies stored by websites, you can manage cookies in your web browser settings. Every browser is different, so if you don’t know how to change your cookie settings, check your browser’s help menu.
To learn more about how to manage and delete cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.